
HARPER RYNE JERNIGAN
February 29, 2008
6:04 a.m.
7 lbs. 3 oz.
I know, I am ridiculously slow!! But it has been an adventurous three weeks, to say the least ~ and I'm back now to keep you all updated as she grows!
As for the labor ~ my water broke on Thursday night {the 28th} right at 11 p.m. We got to the hospital right at midnight, and our baby girl came into the world 6 hours later. Leave it to me to have my baby on my actual due date ~ and of course it had to be a day that only comes every four years!
For those of you who do not already know, Harper aspirated on meconium during the delivery & was sent directly to the NICU, where she stayed until the following Thursday. That Thursday night I got to stay in a room with her {Justin was VERY sick & couldn't stay with us} & brought her home the next day. I really can't believe we've already been home two weeks ~ time is flying by! And I am absolutely dreading my return to work {unless any of you would be willing to make our mortgage for us every month! haha!}. But I'm planning on enjoying all the time I have with her until then & not thinking about going back.
Keep coming back & I'll try to keep pictures up as often as possible. I may be quite partial, but the pictures really don't do her justice ~ she is amazing!
My love to all of you ~ hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment